Strength Training – Upper Limb
- Perform one set (10 repetitions) of a particular exercise, then rest.
- Try to limit the rest period between each set of 10 repetitions to less than two minutes.
- Once the patient can perform 3 sets of a particular exercise, the weight can be increased by 5% or between 0.5 kg to 5 kg depending on which muscle group is being trained. Ask the patient to move their arms up as they breathe in, and down as they breathe out.
- These exercises can be performed in the sitting position, with the back supported.
- These exercises should not cause significant discomfort to the shoulders.